Articles by TreeFeathers
- New Mexico & Adobe Style
Useful info for creating southwestern scenes in miniature.
- Virtual Room Designer: An online utility that allows you to try out different colors and materials for walls, ceilings, and floors. Intended for life-size home design, but very useful for planning your dollhouse rooms.
- Brick Masonry Arches: This introduction to brick masonry arches discusses many of the different types of brick masonry arches and their history, and a glossary of arch terms is provided.
- History of Furniture Timeline: Fascinating timeline of furniture styles and wood preferences.
- Cabinet Resources: Guide to Furniture Styles: Very useful summary of historical American furniture styles.
- Period Style Guides: A resource list from About.com covering websites devoted to period styles of interior decor.
- Medieval & Gothic Home Decor: Intended for life-size home decor, many useful tips & tricks for achieving a medieval look.
- House Greydragon: Aimed at medieval recreationists, this site has plans for medieval furniture, info on the design & construction of medieval tents, 14th century costuming tips, and more.
- English Historical Fabrics: A handy reference page, intended for historical novelists, to help you keep your mini scenes & costumes in period.
- Geffrye Museum of Historical English Interiors: Showcases the changing style of the English domestic interior in a series of period rooms from 1600 to the present day.
- The Georgian Index: A wealth of information about the Georgian period in England and America.
- Regency Research Links: All sorts of research resources for the English Regency period (c.1800-1820), covering food, fashions, military and many other facets of daily life.
- What Things Cost in 1803: All kinds of interesting stuff. Want to know what the major epidemics in the USA between 1657 and 1918 were? Or when mailboxes first became common in the US? Head on over! Also some great graphics for printies - old 'Wanted' posters and samples of Colonial currency.
- Victorian Interiors: An ongoing blog by Grazhina, she provides a wealth of detailed information about Victorian homes, including history, architecture, interior design, furniture, and more.
- Early Twentieth Century Homes: Another informative blog from Grazhina, this time the subject is the early 20th century, with pictures and info drawn from house and decorating books of the period.
- Old House Living: Illustrated historic design articles about different aspects of decoration and construction of houses from the late 19th to early 20th centuries. Learn about historic house colors, appropriate wallpapers, fabrics, tiles and other décor.
- Historic house plans and pictures: Historically accurate house designs and floor plans from original 1835 to 1935 pattern books. Fascinating!
- Voices from the Past: A compilation of articles from 19th and early 20th century periodicals.
- Flapper Decor: A fun look at the influences, architecture, decor, fashion, and music of the 1920s. Includes a photo tour of a typical 1920s-style home.
- My Dolls House: The aim of this site is to show how a Doll's House can realistically portray a particular period in time.
- Greenleaf Dollhouse Articles: Numerous projects, articles, and tips. Information on dollhouse construction and electrification, resources for smaller scales, articles about historical styles and techniques.