Miniature Dollmaking & Costuming
Reference & How-to Links
- Cynthia Howe Miniatures: Valuable tips and instructions for many aspects of dollmaking and costuming, from cleaning greenware and assembling dolls, to china painting, to making your own fabric. Numerous step-by-step projects as well.
- Doll Designs Links to Sculpting/Casting Info: Very comprehensive annotated list of links to info about sculpting, casting, mold-making, suppliers & tools.
- Gisele's Miniature Creations Tutorials: Great tutorials in china painting, doll sculpting and assembly, wigging, and making shoes, jewelry, and parasols.
- MSAT Project Pages: Tons of project instructions for making and dressing dolls, from painting shoes to making Elizabethan neck ruffs.
- MiniDOLLlist: Dana Burton has put together an amazing dollmaking support center, consisting of tutorials, classes through minidollU, and a project e-zine called Frills & Fancy.
Supplies & Kits
- TreeFeathers Kits
Don't forget to check out the Kits section right here at TreeFeathers! Top-quality kits by miniature artists.
- Abigail's Fantasy Dolls: Beautiful doll kits.
- Cynthia Howe Miniatures: Molds and kits available, as well as tutorials and accessories for sale.
- Doll Artist's Workshop: Specializing in small scale fine fabrics and trims, also doll kits and dollmaking supplies are available.
- Edinburgh Imports, Inc.: Over 1000 mohair, synthetic, alpaca, cotton, and wool fabrics, over 500 teddy bear patterns and kits, and teddy bear eyes - everything you need to get started on your first teddy bear today!
- House of Caron: A huge selection of molds, as well as costuming patterns, wigging supplies, and tiny tools of the trade.
- Pat Boldt's Treasure House Dolls: Charming doll kits and supplies, how-to instructions.
- Swallowhill Miniatures: Doll kits, patterns, trims, projects and molds for casting your own.
- Miniature Luxuries: Quality ribbons, laces & trims.
- KITZ! Miniatures: Great source for hard-to-find mini supplies & tools, fabrics, trims, beads & rhinestones, and much more.
- Mini Dolls.com: Specializing in small scale fine fabrics and trims.
- Buttercup Miniatures: Great kits & patterns for period clothing and accessories, many patterns for knitted items.
- BitsToBuy: Knitting patterns, kits & supplies for clothing in 1:12 and 1:24 scale. Don't miss the great "Hints & Tips" page!
- Magic Miniatures: Over 180 mini-scale printed silks and cottons in huge selection of patterns & colors.
Please help support this site and keep these resources free!
I am thrilled that so many people visit my DIY pages and find them useful! However, the large number of visitors has increased my costs considerably. These resources have always been FREE and I intend to keep them that way. You can help out by making even a small donation - every bit helps!
Click here for more ways you can help!
Since January 1, 2011