Miniatures Dollmaking & Costuming
Reference & How-to Links
- Katherine's Dress Site: Reproduction Historic Fashion and Fashion History: Fabulous site with information by era, patterns, and photos of costumes and antique clothing.
- Cynthia Howe Miniatures: Valuable tips and instructions for many aspects of dollmaking and costuming, from cleaning greenware and assembling dolls, to china painting, to making your own fabric. Numerous step-by-step projects as well.
- Doll Designs Links to Sculpting/Casting Info: Very comprehensive annotated list of links to info about sculpting, casting, mold-making, suppliers & tools.
- MiniDOLLlist: Dana Burton has put together an amazing dollmaking support center, consisting of tutorials and classes through minidollU.
- MSAT Project Pages: Tons of project instructions for making and dressing dolls, from painting shoes to making Elizabethan neck ruffs.
Supplies & Kits
- Cynthia Howe Miniatures: Molds and kits available, as well as tutorials and accessories for sale.
- Doll Artist's Workshop: Specializing in small scale fine fabrics and trims, also doll kits and dollmaking supplies are available.
- Edinburgh Imports, Inc.: Over 1000 mohair, synthetic, alpaca, cotton, and wool fabrics, over 500 teddy bear patterns and kits, and teddy bear eyes - everything you need to get started on your first teddy bear today!
- House of Caron: A huge selection of molds, as well as costuming patterns, wigging supplies, and tiny tools of the trade.
- KITZ! Miniatures: Great source for hard-to-find mini supplies & tools, fabrics, trims, beads & rhinestones, and much more.
- Buttercup Miniatures: Great kits & patterns for period clothing and accessories, many patterns for knitted items.
- Magic Miniatures: Over 180 mini-scale printed silks and cottons in huge selection of patterns & colors.
- Miniature Luxuries: Quality ribbons, laces & trims.
- Mini Dolls.com: Specializing in small scale fine fabrics and trims.